Mexican Mathematicians in the World: Perspectives and Recent Contributions (18w5142)
Xavier Gomez-Mont (CIMAT)
Cecilia Gonzalez Tokman (The University of Queensland)
José Antonio Seade (Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico)
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Expand efforts to promote interaction among Mexican mathematicians around the world.
- Disseminate the scientific work of Mexican mathematicians abroad. Participants are encouraged to contribute a paper to the internationally refereed proceedings of the meeting.
- Foster collaboration and academic exchange among Mexican mathematicians working abroad and their peers in Mexico. A selected group of participants are invited to speak about their research, and a poster session is organized, allowing for generous time for discussions.
- Exchange experiences concerning studying and working abroad. A round-table will be organized around this subject.
- Analize opportunities for returning to Mexico. A round-table will be organized around this subject, featuring recognized leaders of the Mexican mathematical community.
- Build and strengthen networks of global cooperation. Design strategies to strengthen links between Mexican mathematicians around the world and mathematical research institutions in Mexico.